Home Extensions Manchester
For anyone interested in a home extension in Manchester there is an option that is affordable, creates minimal disruption, and delivers an extension that blends in with the rest of the house and is usable all year round.
That option is a Structurally Insulated Panel System (SIP). SIP home extensions have been a hugely popular option in the United States and Scandinavia for decades and are now rapidly increasing in popularity in Manchester and the UK.
At PCL, we are manufacturers and installers of these systems – we have a 40,000 sqft factory in Manchester where every panel is made under controlled conditions. Our work comes with lengthy guarantees and indemnity insurance.
On the allchecked.com website – home to verified, impartial reviews – we average 4.9 out of five and have 39 five-star reviews form our 40 total reviews (the other is for 4 stars). Our reputation is unmatched.
Extending Your Manchester Home – Things To Consider
Our SIP extensions are, of course, not the only option for home extensions in Manchester, but they are proven to be a choice with a range of benefits.
- Speed of construction. Rather than using the traditional building methods of bricks and blocks or a standard timber frame, SIPs is a system that provides the structure and insulation in one.SIP panels consist of an insulating polystyrene core that is sandwiched between two structural facings. This helps to fast-track the creation of an extension that is structurally sound and energy efficient. Faster construction means less time spent on site, less disruption for the homeowner and the extension can be enjoyed that bit sooner.
- Versatility. The nature of the panels means that the resultant extensions can be made to most conceivable sizes and shapes. The panels are typically 1220mm wide and can be up to 5.1 metres in length, a unique jointing system connects the doors and roof to create a seamless whole.The strength of the panels makes it possible to have designs that are less conventional than a standard extension. Sloping roof panels can create a stunning open space, the space of the extension properly utilised.
- Aesthetic Appeal. The homeowner can choose the external finish most in keeping with their property. Brick slips are the most common choice, but cedral cladding is also popular, while a render style finish is possible too. Our range of finishes is wide and we are confident we can create an extension that matches any property style in Manchester.
- Durability. A common question from homeowners is whether a SIP extension is of the same quality as a standard brick building. There is no need to worry.Our extensions have a life expectancy of 60 years or more, this makes them hugely cost efficient when cost is divided by expected lifespan of the work.In terms of their durability, we like to point potential customers to the countries where SIPs are common – the United States and Scandinavian countries. In both, the climate can be far more extreme than the weather we get here in Manchester, if a SIPs home extension can survive the harshest of Scandinavian winters it will be fine coping with some Manchester rain.
- Thermal Efficiency. The solid core of insulation creates a room that is thermally efficient and also ensures there are no hot spots – the room heated evenly. Indeed, it is government measures to ensure building work is more thermally efficient, with lower U-values, that has led to the growth in popularity of SIPs. They are an option that has the benefits of being quick an affordable, but also improve on the efficiency of other methods.
SIPs Home Extension Manchester – Examples and Next Steps
To see the benefits and get a true feel for our SIPs extensions, it is useful to see a video and also look at image galleries of previous installations in Manchester and surrounding area.
Video that demonstrates the installation process:
If you would like to arrange an obligation-free quote please call us on 0800 031 5444 or use our Quick Quote form.
Manchester has a population of some 534,982, this rising to more than 3 million across the whole of Greater Manchester.
The first records of Manchester are from Roman times, the fort of Mamucium having been established in around AD 79.
Centuries later, with the industrial revolution, Manchester became a globally important city. Key to this growth was the Manchester ship coal, directly linking the city to the Irish Sea and making it an important home of industry.
Manchester is now a leading city in other fields, including culture, sport,s and also engineering.
The city is famous for its two football clubs – Manchester United and City as well as many bands and famous musicians.
Famous Mancunians include L.S Lowry, Liam and Noel Gallagher, David Lloyd-George, and Morrissey.